NOTICE KINGSFORD RESIDENTS
FALL COMPOST MATERIAL COLLECTION
The City of Kingsford will be conducting the annual fall collection of LEAVES AND COMPOSTIBLE MATERIALS. Compostable items must be placed as noted below. The collection will begin Wednesday, October 13th, 2021 in the Ford Addition, and then proceed to the Heights, Garden Village and Breitung. Have your items for collection, in all areas properly placed and ready on October 13thth.
- Grass clippings and garden waste must be piled in an orderly fashion at the edge of the alley or the location of your normal weekly refuse pickup. There will be one pass through the city for this collection.
- Limbs and brush must be piled in an orderly fashion with the butt ends facing the street or alley and cut in lengths BETWEEN SIX (6) AND EIGHT (8) FEET. There will be one pass through the city for this collection.
- BAGGED OR CONTAINERIZED LEAVES will be collected WEEKLY until November 6th.
- LOOSE LEAVES must be piled at the STREET EDGE above the curb (not in the travel way). Loose leaves will not be collected in the alley. Loose leaves will be collected in only one (1) pass through the city and will follow a future SCHEDULE TO BE PRINTED IN THE DAILY NEWS. Collection of loose leaves is tentatively scheduled to begin in the Ford Addition approximately October 20th.
- Do not place piles next to or behind fences, power poles or other obstructions. THESE PILES WILL NOT BE COLLECTED!!!
- For the convenience of City of Kingsford Residents ONLY, the compost drop-off site located at the Public Works Facility, 1500 Carter Drive is open Monday through Friday 7 AM to 4 PM and will be open on Saturdays 9 AM to Noon until November 6th.
Jeff DeMuri, Supt.
Public Works Department