CITY OF KINGSFORD RESIDENTS
The City of Kingsford will be conducting a spring rubbish collection beginning Monday, April 19th, 2021. Materials for collection must be placed as noted below. The collection will begin on April 19th in the Ford Addition, then proceed to the Heights, Garden Village, Breitung and outlying areas. All locations should have items for collection properly separated, placed and ready on April 19th, as this collection will be done in only one pass through the city. Following this collection, the City will charge a minimum of $75.00 for making special collections.
LOOSE LAWN MATERIAL MUST BE PLACED AT THE EDGE OF THE STREET BEHIND THE CURB OR STREET EDGE. OTHER ITEMS MUST BE PLACED AT THE EDGE OF THE STREET OR ALLEY OF YOUR RESIDENCE, WHERE YOUR WEEKLY REFUSE IS NORMALLY COLLECTED. DO NOT PLACE PILES NEXT TO OR BEHIND BUILDINGS, FENCES, POWER POLES OR OTHER OBSTRUCTIONS.
- Limbs and brush must be neatly piled separately and cut in lengths between 6 and 8 feet. BRUSH COLLECTION IS FOR REGULAR YARD MAINTENANCE ONLY. PROPERTY CLEARING WILL NOT BE COLLECTED BY THE CITY.
- Grass, leaves and garden waste must be piled separately or in bags or containers not exceeding 32 gallons or 50 lbs.
- All large metal items must be separated from other rubbish and will be recycled. THE CITY WILL NOT COLLECT APPLIANCES WITH REFRIGERANT, SUCH AS FREEZERS, REFRIGERATORS, DEHUMIDIFIERS AND AIR CONDITIONERS. Contact your appliance dealer for information on disposal.
- Large Furniture items, such as: chairs, tables, sofas, beds, mattresses, etc. must be separated from other rubbish items. Carpeting must be rolled up and no longer than four (4) feet in length.
- Concrete must be broken up into pieces approximately one foot square and piled separately. (LIMIT OF 1 CUBIC YARD)
- Building materials can be collected with your weekly garbage collection. All weekly garbage ordinance requirements apply. THE CITY WILL NOT COLLECT WASTE FROM TOTAL DEMOLITIONS OR WASTE FROM CONSTRUCTION OR RECONSTRUCTION OF BUILDINGS.
- TIRES, WASTE OIL, GASOLINE, AND HAZARDOUS OR TOXIC WASTE, SUCH AS OIL, PAINT, ANTI-FREEZE, CHEMICALS, ETC. WILL NOT BE COLLECTED BY THE CITY. (For information regarding disposal of these items, please call the Dickinson County Solid Waste Facility at 774-5680.)
- FOR KINGSFORD RESIDENTS ONLY! The Compost Drop-off Site is currently open Monday through Friday 7:00am to 3:00pm. Beginning April 10th through November 6th, Saturday hours will be 9:00am to Noon.
- Refuse items that are not compostible, recyclable or hazardous can be disposed of with your weekly refuse collection. All weekly refuse ordinance requirements apply.
Click HERE for a printable version of this notice.
Superintendent of Public Works